Office of Planning

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

How to Apply for Subdivisions of Property

Apply for a subdivision at the Office of the Surveyor in the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), 1100 4th Street SW, Room E 320 (Waterfront Metro).

Step Two

Follow the processing instructions given by the Surveyor. For the HPO review, bring the subdivision plat to Desk 10 at the DCRA Permit Center, downstairs from the Surveyor's office. HPO will either clear the application or advise you if it needs HPRB review.

Step Three

Obtain the HPRB and Mayor's Agent review if needed. After HPO completes the historic preservation review by signing the subdivison plat, finish the remaining steps to get the subdivision.