The DC Office of Planning, in partnership with the District Department of Transportation, is undertaking the Mount Vernon Square District Project. This project is designed to generate implementation‐driven solutions for specific transportation, public realm and real estate challenges and opportunities in the blocks, streets, and reservations surrounding Mount Vernon Square.
Creating a destination that attracts visitors from the Convention Center, Downtown, the National Mall and other neighborhoods in the city,
Creating value through strategic public investments that will benefit the District’s investment in the area, surrounding properties‐ existing and proposed, and the adjacent neighborhoods,
Enhancing the rich physical and cultural heritage of the surrounding neighborhoods,
Integrating with the city’s transportation network via inter‐modal connectivity and improved pedestrian access, and
Building a compelling “great place” through unique public space design, programming and adaptive reuse.
- Property Owners, Residential and Commercial Developers
- Washington Convention Center, Historical Society of Washington, DC
- Shaw Main Streets, Inc., Neighborhood Associations, Residents, DC Council
- Downtown BID, Mount Vernon Triangle CID
- Federal Agencies, District Agencies