The Food Policy Division conducts research, engages with residents, and collaborates with other DC agencies to create a more just, healthy, and sustainable food system in the District.
DC Food Policy Council
The Food Policy Division leads the DC Food Policy Council, a Mayoral Board of experts in the DC food system. Learn more at www.DCfoodpolicy.org.
- 2022 Food Access and Local Food Economy Report
- Central Food Processing Facility: Feasibility and Siting Study
- Assessment of a Central Food Processing Facility for Washington, DC (Executive Summary)(Full Report)
- The Road Ahead: 2021 Update on Food Access & Food Security in the District of Columbia
- Food Access & Food Security in the District of Columbia: Responding to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (Executive Summary) (Full Report)
- Make Food Work: A Strategy to Strengthen the DC Food Workforce
- Nourish DC Collaborative (Grants, Loans, and Technical Assistance for DC Resident-Owned Food Businesses)
- Map of DC Farmers Markets (last updated April 2022)
- How to Start a Farmers Market
- Race, Racial Equity, and DC’s Food System Discussion Series (2020)
- MWCOG Food and Agriculture Regional Member (FARM) Committee