The 2020 DC Historic Preservation Plan outlines major preservation initiatives through 2020. The Plan is in keeping with the theme Planning for Progress which emphasizes the synergy between preservation and new growth.
The 2020 Plan is currently available for public review and comment until March 1, 2018.
DC Comprehensive Plan
The Historic Preservation Plan helps to implement the Historic Features elements of the DC Comprehensive Plan. This includes both District Elements and Federal Elements addressing historic features. Other chapters, including the area elements and citywide topical elements also include some provisions related to historic preservation concerns.
- DC Comprehensive Plan, Historic Preservation Element
- Historic Preservation and Historic Features, Federal Element
Previous Historic Preservation Plans
- 2016 DC Historic Preservation Plan
- 2008 – 2012 Historic Preservation Plan
- 2000 DC Historic Preservation Plan
- 1996 DC Historic Preservation Plan