The Neighborhood Planning Division's Five Main Areas of Responsibility
- Developing small area plans and planning studies
- Coordinating and tracking plan implementation
- Participating in citywide planning initiatives that have a neighborhood impact
- Monitoring and reviewing development projects
- Acting as a liaison to elected officials and community stakeholders on land use, development, and planning issues
OP has planners assigned to each ward of the District to work in collaboration with Advisory Neighborhood Commissions, citizen associations, and residents, businesses, elected officials, and District agencies. To see neighborhood plans completed or underway in each ward, visit: planning.dc.gov/neighborhoodplanning.